A Quick Friendly Competition for the Family
Have a go at challenging yourself and your children (7 – 12 years) to identify the common mistakes made by Singaporeans in everyday conversations. Make it a friendly competition to see who can spot the most number of mistakes and correct them in 10 minutes.
Questions with Mistakes
- Last time when I was younger, I always go to Chinatown with my grandpa.
- You better not go to his house to play today. Yesterday night, his mother was very angry because he never finish his homework.
- Yes I got saw him on TV last week. The show was broadcasted on Channel 5 in the night.
- I am at the shop now but it is close for dinner from 6 – 7pm.
- I like to eat outside food but my mother said it is too saltish.
- If I do well in my test, my mother said I can go to the cinema to watch a show with my friends.
- I used to frequent Chinatown with my grandpa when I was younger. (Note: ‘Last time’ refers only to one occasion, the last time it happened. You do not use it for something that happened frequently.)
- You had better not go to his house to play today. His mother was very angry with him last night because he did not complete his homework.
- Yes, I did see him on TV last week. The programme was broadcast on Channel 5 at night.
- I am at the shop now but it is closed for dinner from 6 to 7pm.
- I like to eat out but my mother says the food is too salty.
- If I do well in my test, my mother says that I can go to the cinema to watch a movie / film with my friends. (Note: You go to the cinema to watch a movie or film. You generally do not watch a “show” at the cinema. A “show” covers a wide range of public entertainment.)