Say It Right! contains a list of commonly mispronounced words with correct audio pronunciations and definitions in a Singaporean voice. Learn how to pronounce words like liaise, siphon, esplanade, almond, library.
Definition: The entrance space of a house, or a large room used for events with lots of people
Example: The students are gathered in the school hall for assembly.
- The action of helping someone
- A person or thing that helps someone
- A person employed to do household tasks
- Make it easier for someone to do something
- Improve a situation or problem
- (help someone to) Serve someone with food or drink
- Take something without asking permission
- (can/could not help) Cannot or could not stop oneself doing
Example: May I help you?
Definition: A system in which things or people are arranged according to how important they are
Example: This organisation has a flat hierarchy, everyone is treated as equals.