Say It Right! contains a list of commonly mispronounced words with correct audio pronunciations and definitions in a Singaporean voice. Learn how to pronounce words like liaise, siphon, esplanade, almond, library.
Definition: The front of a building, especially a large building
Example: The façade of the building collapsed during the earthquake.
- Close or do up securely
- Fix or hold something in place
- (fasten on) Pick out and concentrate on something
Example: Ladies and gentlemen, please fasten your seat belt.
Definition: The second month of the year.
Example: I was born in February.
- A thin flexible strip of cellulose coated with a photographic emulsion, used to make negatives and transparencies
- A sequence of images of moving objects photographed by a camera and providing the optical illusion of continuous movement when projected onto a screen
- Motion pictures considered as an art or industry
- Material in the form of a very thin flexible sheet
- A thin layer covering a surface VERB
- To make a film of a story, event, etc
- Become covered with a thin layer of something
Example: Avatar was a wonderful film.
Definition: A finely ground powder made from wheat, used for making bread and cakes
Example: There is just too much flour in the cake batter.
Definition: Impressive, but to be feared; hard to deal with.
Example: The lion’s strength makes it a formidable predator.
Definition: Pointless, achieving nothing
Example: All attempts to revive the drowning victim were futile.