NOMINATE YOUR ENGLISH LANGUAGE TEACHER TODAY!
We are looking for teachers who:
- Exemplify the use of good spoken and written English;
- Promote learning-focused interaction during English lessons; and
- Choose pedagogies appropriate to learners’ needs, abilities and interests.
We're also looking for Heads of Departments (HODs) / Subject Heads (SHs) / Level heads (LHs) who have:
- Communicated a shared vision for quality teaching and learning that reflects a strong understanding of the organisational culture and the learning needs of staff and students;
- Planned an English Language/English Literature/General Paper programme based on the requirements of the relevant national syllabuses to meet the needs of students of the school;
- Effectively implemented the English Language programme in a sustained manner through enrichment and/or remedial programme(s);
- Developed the professional expertise of teachers of English so that they are better able to deliver the programme(s).
If this sounds like a teacher you know, nominate them for the Inspiring Teacher of English Award.
Download your nomination and endorsement forms here:
Leadership Award (for HODs, SHs and LHs)
The nomination period for the Inspiring Teacher of English Award 2019 is from 11 February 2019 to 5 April 2019. Submit your nominations today!
About the Inspiring Teacher of English Award
The Inspiring Teacher of English Award acknowledges teachers who have been instrumental in igniting a love for the English Language and are effective in helping their students speak and write better. These teachers are passionate about making English interesting and relevant to their students, and are innovative in engaging their students to help them learn English better. The Award salutes these teachers for their continual learning and constant efforts to upgrade themselves to benefit their students and schools.
Find us on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/goodenglishmovement